I’m thinking about making a separate section on my website for Japanese writing to further supplement my learning. I think it’d be really helpful for those who are looking for some Japanese to read, so that they can practice on reading and recognizing the hiragana/katakana/kanji characters. And it’d be helpful for myself as well in writing it and applying the grammar and vocabulary that I’m learning.
Sound like a good idea?
My roommate gave me a copy of “19 Hard Things You Need To Do To Be Successful,” and I thought it was a great read. Pass it along bloggers. I don’t know which site originally posted it but regardless, it’s worth the one minute read!
You have to do the hard things.
- You have to make the call you’re afraid to make.
- You have to get up earlier than you want to get up.
- You have to give more than you get in return right away.
- You have to care more about others than they care about you.
- You have to fight when you are already injured, bloody, and sore.
- You have to feel unsure and insecure when playing it safe seems smarter.
- You have to lead when no one else is following you yet.
- You have to invest in yourself even though no one else is.
- You have to look like a fool while you’re looking for answers you don’t have.
- You have to grind out the details when it’s easier to shrug them off.
- You have to deliver results when making excuses is an option.
- You have to search for your own explanations even when you’re told to accept the “facts.”
- You have to make mistakes and look like an idiot.
- You have to try and fail and try again.
- You have to run faster even though you’re out of breath.
- You have to be kind to people who have been cruel to you.
- You have to meet deadlines that are unreasonable and deliver results that are unparalleled.
- You have to be accountable for your actions even when things go wrong.
- You have to keep moving towards where you want to be no matter what’s in front of you.
You have to do the hard things. The things that no one else is doing. The things that scare you. The things that make you wonder how much longer you can hold on.
Those are the things that define you. Those are the things that make the difference between living a life of mediocrity or outrageous success.
The hard things are the easiest things to avoid. To excuse away. To pretend like they don’t apply to you.
The simple truth about how ordinary people accomplish outrageous feats of success is that they do the hard things that smarter, wealthier, more qualified people don’t have the courage — or desperation — to do.
Do the hard things. You might be surprised at how amazing you really are.
(Taken from CAG Twitter feed)
If anyone is into RPGs, it’s definitely worth a look to check out Final Fantasy VIII and Tales of Vesperia, especially at the current posted prices!
Final Fantasy VIII ($6 with promo code GFDJAN25) – PC Download
Tales of Vesperia – $4.94 for Xbox Gold Members
I’ve played both games and Tales of Vesperia is especially a steal at $4.94. Get both while you can.
I’ll continue to update and contribute more to my blog by writing more tutorials and other goodies in the next few weeks, stay tuned!
Also. I want and need a job. I’m thinking about becoming a free lance web designer on the side, but that won’t be consistent money. I’ll also definitely need a full time job after graduating from USF in May. Any suggestions on small start-ups/companies that I can contact? Any of them looking for web developers or programmers? I’d love to get in touch with them!